Spicy Walnut Pesto Flatbread with Dada Eats
- 15 mins.
- Cook Time: 20 mins.
- Total Time: 35 mins.
- Yield: 1 Flatbread
We partnered with our friend Samah of Dada Eats
to create this delicious, nutrient-dense flatbread for an easy weeknight meal. Use our Pizza Dough Mix
to create this Spicy Walnut Pesto Flatbread, that happens to be vegan, too!
Looking for more recipes like this? Check out Dada Eats' new cookbook, Love to Cook It.
1/2 C walnuts
3 cloves garlic
2 C fresh basil, loosely packed
1/2 C extra-virgin olive oil
1 small lemon or 1/2 large lemon juiced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Sliced bell peppers
1/3 cup plant-based cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees and start by preparing the Simple Mills Almond Flour Pizza Dough according to the instructions on the box.
2. Whisk apple cider vinegar, oil and water together in a large bowl. Add the Almond Flour Pizza Dough mix; stir well until a soft but firm dough forms.
3. Form the dough into a ball, and place on a greased baking sheet.
4. While you can make two 8-inch circular pizzas or flatbreads or 1 10 x 10 inch square, I chose to form mine into one large circular flatbread. Press the dough out until it is about 1 inch thick, raising the edges slightly if desired.
5. Bake the flatbread for 15 minutes while you prepare the toppings.
For the pesto:
1. Combine the walnuts, garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a blender and mix to combine. You should have a smooth pesto sauce. Season to taste as desired.
1. When the flatbread comes out of the oven, spread with the pesto generously. Now add sliced tomatoes, sliced bell peppers, vegan cheese, salt and pepper, and extra red pepper flakes. Feel free to switch up the toppings to your liking.
2. Bake the flatbread for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Enjoy!