With another week of August flying by, we’re here to provide you with more #BackToSimple
snacking tips. When school and work pick up, we know that rushing through the day and eating in a hurry can happen more often than you’d like.
Instead of rushing through our meals, we want to take the time to prep our food ahead of time so we can enjoy it mindfully and show our little ones how to do the same.
Here are some ways you can eat more mindfully:
- Prep your meals in advance, the night before or on Sunday! Spend less time cooking so you can spend more time eating.
- Eat your food at a table, away from your computer, phone and TV. If you don’t have time to focus on what you’re eating it can be easy to eat too fast and too much.
- Chew your food thoroughly to help digest and focus on when you feel satisfied vs. stuffed.
- Go to lunch with friends. Often times, sitting and talking with someone else can help you to eat slower by engaging in conversation after every few bites.
- Set your utensils down after each bite. Take a drink of water.
- Play a game while you eat! The more you think about our food, the slower you’ll start to eat it and the more you’ll savor each bite.
Grab two of our favorite food games below.
Click here to download your own “Color the Rainbow” activity page!
Our “Color the Rainbow” and “Tic-Tac-Toe Board” activity pages are great for kids (or for bringing out the kid in you)! Join in on the fun with your kids and see how many colors you can eat while coloring in the rainbow of produce.
If you enjoy writing, set aside 15 minutes in the morning each day when you wake up to journal or plan out your day while you enjoy breakfast in bed.
The simplest things can impact your mindfulness when eating!
Click here to download the tic-tac-toe board.